Basement Waterproofing St Louis
Basements and foundations, due to their location, are very susceptible to water damage, especially if the property itself has drainage issues. Even if it isn’t apparent from the outside that water is pooling and causing problems, it can be apparent inside the basement or around the edges of the foundation that there are issues. Property owners today have a variety of options to help deal with water damaging the basement or foundation.
Detecting Water Damage and Foundation Issues
Prompt detection of water in the basement or pooling around the foundation can help prevent many potential problems. Some of the signs that damage is already being done and needs to be corrected fast can include the following.
- Musty Smell – The musty smell associated with basements has to do with water penetration. That water that gets into the basement walls can cause the growth of mold or mildew, which has a musty smell.
- Signs of Mold – Mold growth in the basement is a good indicator that there is a leak somewhere or that water is getting inside the basement. Depending on the type of mold, this can be a serious issue that needs a fast remedy.
- Water in Basement – Absent major flooding, there should not be water in the basement. If water tends to get into the basement when it rains, steps need to be taken to prevent this and protect the basement and foundation.
- Cracking Foundation – Cracks in the foundation and bowing walls are an indication that there is an issue with water. The cracks will get worse over time if the underlying issue is not corrected.
Why Waterproof a Basement?
Water getting into the basement, even if it’s only a small amount, will cause serious risks over time. It can damage the stability and structure of the basement, lead to the growth of mold, and potentially cause issues with the stability of the home. A basement waterproofing system can help stop water intrusion into the basement, allowing repairs to be done to correct any structural issues and preventing further issues from occurring.
- Repairing Basement Walls – Before a basement is waterproofed, it needs to be repaired. Any water in the basement will need to be completely removed. Then, basement crack repair can be done to repair the basement walls. If this is not done properly, the cracks will allow more water to get into the basement, causing more issues in the future.
- Sealants for Basement Walls – Once the basement is back in good condition, waterproofing solutions can be used to seal the walls and prevent water from coming inside. Encapsulation is the process of sealing the walls using a specialized sealant to help keep water out of the basement. This protects the inside of the basement from water, but measures do still need to be taken to prevent damage to the outside of the walls as well as the foundation.
- Repairs for Foundation Cracks – If there is any damage to the foundation, that will need to be corrected as soon as possible. These issues will only get worse and more expensive to fix over time. Experts can handle foundation crack repair to fully restore the foundation and stop water from getting through the wall cracks. This will help protect the foundation from further damage, provided water mitigation is then done to stop more water from causing damage.
Preventing Further Issues
Prevention is key to avoiding cracks that need to be repaired as well as other major issues that could affect the stability of the home. The most common ways to prevent further issues are through dehumidifiers as well as indoor and outdoor drainage solutions.
- Dehumidifiers – Dehumidifiers can be used in basements to help remove the humidity from the inside, creating a dryer space that is less likely to suffer water damage. This is most effective if the basement has been sealed, as it helps remove the small amount of remaining water that comes in through the air.
- Indoor Drainage Solutions – Indoor drainage solutions should be used to prevent water damage if the basement floods. The most common drainage system is a basement sump pump, which can turn on automatically when it’s needed to remove any water from the basement.
- Outdoor Drainage Solutions – Outdoor drainage solutions include French drains, extending drain spouts, dry creek beds, and more. The goal is to move water away from the foundation, preventing pooling water that could cause cracks or get into the basement.
Proper care of a basement and foundation can help them continue to provide structure for the home and prevent a significant amount of potential damage. If you’re worried about cracks or would like to waterproof the basement, contact us today and learn how we can help.
Our Waterproofing & Foundation Crack Repair
Wet Basement? Keep your basement dry with minimally invasive solutions. Our methods are state-of-the-art, handle all basement environments, discharge pipes can be hidden behind the drywall, alarms are standard.
Schedule a consultation today to get a quality waterproofing system you can trust for life. Contact the local basement waterproofing experts!
Foundation Crack Repair
We repair your foundation cracks and stop water from coming into your home or business. Our state-of-art Techni-Crack® process is different than what other companies are using. Add the fact that our method has never failed to perform, and you can take comfort in knowing that when we say guaranteed for life, we mean it!
Schedule a consultation and we will educate you on how our Techni-Crack® hydrophobic membrane process will repair your walls permanently.
Discovering the source of moisture in your basement is crucial before you choose which one of the various types of sealant to apply.
60 percent of basements experience moisture over 10-15 years with 33% experiencing mold and mildew issues, typically due to condensation or cracks. The first sign of an issue with dampness is musty smell, with furnishings and floors beginning to rot with untreated humidity.
For a watertight basement, we can provide wall encapsulation and crawl space encapsulation options in conjunction with our waterproofing installations.
We do not offer this as a standalone service.
Humidity control is one of the most frequent inquiries we hear. High levels of humidity often times lead to the proliferation of mold and mildew which can decrease the value of a property and lead to health-related issues. To address these problems, we install a line of dealer exclusive, patented basement dehumidification systems to keep your home healthy and mold and mildew free.
We carry an entire line of commercial grade humidity control products, including our patented Humid-Evac system. A Humid-Evac is typically installed below a basement floor and is mainly paired with our full perimeter waterproofing.
We do not offer this as a standalone service.
Our Waterproofing Process & Best Practices
Waterproofing Systems We Use & Replace
Our Water Trek Aqua Route®
A unique, patented waterproofing system that can be “custom tailored” to each basement water problem and footing configuration under the floor. It addresses water from both sides of the footing and can be installed in any soil or subfloor situation. Trust your home to Drainage Team, the leading name in St. Louis basement waterproofing. Experts agree the most effective basement waterproofing method is an interior subfloor system. The Water Trek Aqua Route® is the best product available.
The Water Trek Aqua Route® system is uniquely adaptable and can accommodate all six (6) possible footing configurations. Our exclusive, versatile, “no-clog” adjustable depth system delivers a “peace of mind” permanent solution to your basement water problem and is designed to fit all footing configurations.Identifying the footing configuration in relation to the floor (slab) and the foundation wall is the key to installing a waterproofing system that will last for the life of your property.
Our Waterproofing Specialization = Your Benefit
Protecting Your Investment & Minimizing The Mess Of Waterproofing
At the start of every waterproofing related project that’s taking place on the interior of your property, we make sure that our entrance and exits are protected, all air circulation is temporarily sealed off and that your furniture and belongings are protected from dust and flying debris. At the end of each working day our crews make sure our working areas are clean and that your daily life can go on as usual during our project.
Your Budget. Our Waterproofing Solutions.
Over the past 26+ years of performing professional stormwater management and waterproofing projects, we have analyzed pricing data to generate this general budget outline. This should help you determine the budget size you may need for your project. (All estimated dollar amounts are presented in $1,000.00’s. K = $1,000.00 USD) We cannot give you an exact estimate until we meet you for an on-site waterproofing inspection & consultation.
$5K – $20K+
$10K – $50K+
Foundation Crack Repair
$2K – $5K+
$5K – $20K+
$5K – $15K+
$8K – $40K+
$5K – $10K+
$5K – $30K+